Bodett.com BioBodett.com BlogBodett.com BookshelfBodett.com

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Legal Notice

I just learned that Man Van is how Chrysler is actually referring to their new mini van. I was using it to be ironic, and now it can no longer be that, so I herewith denounce and deny all Man Van references made in this blog or by me in other public places. From now on that beautiful thing of Asian descent I drive is to be known as the Manivan. It's a clean title. I googled it.

I also claim the term Manivan as my own juvenile creation this 23rd day of September in the year of oh Lord, Two Thousand and Ten. You can use it, but you must to do so with knowledge of my superior sophomoric wit.

Signed: Tom Bodett Title: For Whom the Bell Tolls

4 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

If you are serious about ownership of this most excellent new noun, I strongly suggest registering it as a .com and .org url immediately. That's the only way to own any bit of language any more.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

Nice save, Tom!

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go go corporate censors! i personally think manivan is more clever anyways.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Tom Bodett said...

Jake, Done and done. manivan.org and mani-van.com are mine, all mine. manivan.com was taken. Turns out, Manivan, is a not uncommon name in India and there is a celebrity there with that website. What will I do with this real estate on the webbernet? Only the shadow knows...

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© Current Tom Bodett
All Rights Reserved


Reproduction or distribution of any article or portion of this website - such as copying and
pasting into an email to send to all your crummy friends, or harrassing pregnant women,
or for implementation as a flotation device -- is strictly prohibited without written
permission from Bodett.com. We mean it. Don't do it.
Steps will be taken. Oh yes. Steps will be taken.
(Unless you really want to, then go ahead. We don't care.)