Bodett.com BioBodett.com BlogBodett.com BookshelfBodett.com

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Free at Last. Free at Last...

If you happen to have read the "Quote Me" piece, which has been featured on the homepage of this site for a shamelessly long time, you are aware of my conundrum concerning the misattribution of inspirational quotations. Thanks to fearless reader, Bill Osmet, the mysterious Allan K Chalmers has come in from the cold. Check out the link. He was a quite an accomplished scholar and a mentor to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Why this never came up on my previous google expeditions I cannot explain. My misspelling of his first name? Improvements in the search engines in the three years since I wrote the piece? Myopia? Whatever it was I'm more than happy to give credit where it is due. I've even found another Allan Knight Chalmers quote I like even more than the last one I co-opted, "A man gets thin if he does not read, becomes inaccurate if he does not write, but most of all loses a profoundness if he does not think."
As Einstein famously said, "I must a little think now."

© Current Tom Bodett
All Rights Reserved


Reproduction or distribution of any article or portion of this website - such as copying and
pasting into an email to send to all your crummy friends, or harrassing pregnant women,
or for implementation as a flotation device -- is strictly prohibited without written
permission from Bodett.com. We mean it. Don't do it.
Steps will be taken. Oh yes. Steps will be taken.
(Unless you really want to, then go ahead. We don't care.)