Bodett.com BioBodett.com BlogBodett.com BookshelfBodett.com

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

President Lincoln recognized the need for a day of thanks at a time when Americans felt little to be thankful about. I don't have to strain my soul to find gratitude in and for my life. Here's a piece of wisdom -- often attributed to me but belonging to Allen K. Chalmers -- I keep in mind at all times. "The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for." In case I ever forget, it also gives me the top three things to be thankful for. Wishing you all a heartfelt and happy Thanksgiving.

1 Comments:

Blogger piglet said...

Can I add "chocolate to eat" to that list?

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© Current Tom Bodett
All Rights Reserved


Reproduction or distribution of any article or portion of this website - such as copying and
pasting into an email to send to all your crummy friends, or harrassing pregnant women,
or for implementation as a flotation device -- is strictly prohibited without written
permission from Bodett.com. We mean it. Don't do it.
Steps will be taken. Oh yes. Steps will be taken.
(Unless you really want to, then go ahead. We don't care.)