Bodett.com BioBodett.com BlogBodett.com BookshelfBodett.com

Saturday, July 08, 2006

A Perfect Day


Warm sun, low breeze. Putting pine boards on the roof of the new playhouse with my 3-year-old handing me screws one at a time. It was all right. I was in no hurry because the Red Sox and White Sox were on the radio in the middle of a real dust-up in Chicago. Boston won after 9 innings of the best baseball we've had all summer. My friend Peter Sagal was at that game with his family. I kept thinking how great that would be, and then I'd look around at our countryside, and Ben holding the next screw, and the playhouse taking shape -- and I was very glad to be exactly here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see the carpentry skills put into action. Like riding a bicycle? I wouldn't know. I can't hammer a nail straight, I can't saw straight and I always split the wood...

This is WAY off the topic of the playhouse taking shape, but I just had to tell you how sorry I am to have seen the Loose Leaf Book Company wither and die. That was a magnificent idea, something really new and fresh. I learned stuff and I read some good books. I particularly enjoyed the Silverwing trilogy by Kenneth Oppel, and I loved the program on unrequited love. But now it's all gone, vanished into the ether. First the audio archive server went offline, and now the entire site has disappeared. But don't worry about me. Now that I've burdened your site with my maudlin ramblings, I'll crawl under a rock and finish my grief process. (I'm somewhere between "Bargaining" and "Acceptance," I think.)

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say you've got your priorities lined up in perfect order and laying the foundation of more than just a playhouse :)
FloridaSuzie

7:37 PM  
Blogger piglet said...

Nice neighborhood. As the cliche'rs say, Life is good.

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© Current Tom Bodett
All Rights Reserved


Reproduction or distribution of any article or portion of this website - such as copying and
pasting into an email to send to all your crummy friends, or harrassing pregnant women,
or for implementation as a flotation device -- is strictly prohibited without written
permission from Bodett.com. We mean it. Don't do it.
Steps will be taken. Oh yes. Steps will be taken.
(Unless you really want to, then go ahead. We don't care.)