Bodett.com BioBodett.com BlogBodett.com BookshelfBodett.com

Monday, April 17, 2006

Back from Arcata

It was a great trip and a great show. I love working with these folks. Kyrie O'Connor and Adam Felber -- both committed bloggers -- have inspired me to try to post more often. I won't do it, of course. Like most of my inspiration it will curdle and manifest itself as guilt. But I don't mean that as a bad thing. Guilt is what gets the job done most days. Kyrie has graciously featured on her blog, MeMo, a picture of Peter Sagal and I on the streets of Arcata posing with fresh goat cheese. This is illegal in 17 states, but Arcata is an exception to many rules. I first went through there as a long-haired itinerant in 1976 while hitchhiking to Oregon and Alaska. There are still longhairs loitering around the same entrance ramps to 101 that I stood on 30 years ago. The only difference is they've stopped combing their hair and the ponytails have all become dreadlocks. My hair looked like that for a short time in the summer of '76 when I got a thistle tangled up in my hair while hiking in Denali Park. For two days all I could see in my shadow was what looked like a pet squirrel on my head, or a badly centered beehive hairdo. Ah, memories.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Despite the possibility of being labeled a stalker or perhaps a Tom Bodett freak, I must tell you that I finally popped the Norman Tuttle CD Collection into my car CD player today. I have a long history of listening to End of the Road stories in the car while driving the treacherous roads of Southern California. This goes back a while. I've driven many a mile with those End of the Road on "cassette" compilations from the late 80's and I still pull 'em out every once in a while when the mood strikes.

But then I saw the blurb about the "Norman Tuttle on the Last Frontier" CD collection on your blog last week and ordered it right away. Upon listening today, I realized that some of the stories are re-tellings, which pleases me to no end. Since I know the old cassettes so well I'm quite happy with the megabyte roominess a CD allows for unabridged versions of the stories I'm quite familiar with. I really just started listening today and I'm up to the Thanksgiving story which is a favorite, although I missed the old line, "The Tuttle's are Teetotalers, which is harder to say than do," but was happy to hear a Tuttle/teetotaler mention pop up later in the story :-)

Thanks Tom for the re-tellings. These will last me a while. :-)

Joe

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© Current Tom Bodett
All Rights Reserved


Reproduction or distribution of any article or portion of this website - such as copying and
pasting into an email to send to all your crummy friends, or harrassing pregnant women,
or for implementation as a flotation device -- is strictly prohibited without written
permission from Bodett.com. We mean it. Don't do it.
Steps will be taken. Oh yes. Steps will be taken.
(Unless you really want to, then go ahead. We don't care.)