Bodett.com BioBodett.com BlogBodett.com BookshelfBodett.com

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Motel 6 Holiday Podcast

I don't generally have a lot of neologisms in my life and now in the span of a week's time I have two of them -- First, the Blog. Now, the Podcast. Motel 6 has just released for the holidays the Top 6 reasons to stay at a motel over the holidays instead of with your family. I'm sure you can probably think of about 29 reasons of your own without taking a breath, but would they have pleasing background music packed into a tidy little downloadable MP3 package? Ours does. Check it out at www.accor-na.com.
I have to tell you, I'm feeling entirely cutting edge at the moment. But don't worry, it won't last.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to know the name of the fiddle tune playing on the Motel 6 commercial. I would also like to know if it is an old song, or was it written speciffically for the commercial.

Dave Bourne

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Tom does not know it either? I also would like to find out the name of the tune. Apparently the ad won some kind of award back in the 90's. Not sure if it was because of the tune or not.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have heard an old country song that seems to have the same tune.
Don't know the title and can't seem to find it from the lyric snippets I have.
"say, are you from Texas boy?" and "I'm a lonely boy from texas"
Ok, keep the faith, Pete

7:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Got it!
It used during the closing credits of the movie "Second Hand Lions".
The credits say it is:
"Rolling Stone From Texas"
written and performed by Don Walser
Yeeee Ha! Pete

7:35 PM  
Blogger Tom Bodett said...

Actually, the music was written by a Dallas musician by the name of Tom Faulkner in 1986 for the campaign. I haven't heard of "Rolling Stone From Texas", but will have to look it up. I'm sure there are similar tunes out there. Take care you guys.

Tom

8:14 AM  
Blogger Tom Bodett said...

Actually, the music was written by a Dallas musician by the name of Tom Faulkner in 1986 for the campaign. I haven't heard of "Rolling Stone From Texas", but will have to look it up. I'm sure there are similar tunes out there. Take care you guys.

Tom

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

© Current Tom Bodett
All Rights Reserved


Reproduction or distribution of any article or portion of this website - such as copying and
pasting into an email to send to all your crummy friends, or harrassing pregnant women,
or for implementation as a flotation device -- is strictly prohibited without written
permission from Bodett.com. We mean it. Don't do it.
Steps will be taken. Oh yes. Steps will be taken.
(Unless you really want to, then go ahead. We don't care.)